This newsletter is kindly supported by Ministry of Testing!
Do you have strong skills or knowledge on a specific testing topic? Share it with the community and get paid for your efforts - submit your 99-Minute Workshop idea to us.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Approval Testing 99-Minute Workshop - Approval Testing is an automation technique that can be more effective than traditional assertion-based test automation. Learn more in Emily's 99-Minute workshop on 12 August 1 PM (New York, US Time)
- Visual testing: How it works and getting started - Visual bugs are hard to detect through functional tests and manual testing is not built for velocity. Join this Masterclass to get to grips with tools that could help you.
- Reporting on Testing & Quality - Join the Masterclass on 11th August at 8pm, learn to make your reporting work easier and more impactful.
- How to Test Facial Recognition Systems? - Could you share ideas on how to test it? What are some edge cases? How to approach it?
- Feature priority - MVP, Parity or something else? - When building a new feature, what is usually your priority?
Community News & Podcasts
- Let your test automation choose the input data - What if you do not need to figure out what test data you have to put into your tests?
- It's All About The "Auth" - So what exactly does Auth service mean?
- ABT 343 – Danny Faught - Talking about his move out of being a dedicated tester, and well as the biography he’s putting together.
- Episode 801 - The Best Practice To Handle Ransomware Are Backups and Zero Tolerance - A health care company in New Jersey was hit by ransomware but they didn't pay and recovered from it.
- 190: Twitter hack arrests, email bad behaviour, and Fawkes vs facial recognition - Discussing the creepy (and apparently legal) way websites can find out your email and postal address even if you don't give it to them, take a look at how the alleged Twitter hackers were identified, and learn about Fawkes - the technology fighting back at facial recognition.
- Rob Meaney, Poppulo - Epiphanies and Abilities - Episode 1 - Rob talks about his career and using his experiences to help him grow.
99-Minute Workshops - August
- Approval Testing - 1pm New York, US Time - 12th August 2020
- Introduction to creating test strategies - 12pm New Zealand Time - 14th August 2020
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - 12pm UK Time - 17th August 2020
- API testing in Python with requests - 1pm New York, US Time - 19th August 2020
- There's no U in Coach - 12pm UK Time - 24th August 2020
- Exploring Quality - 1pm New York, US Time - 26th August 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Continuous Testing in the Retail Industry - To match the pace of innovation, continuous testing throughout the software development life cycle is the best way to build digital confidence. What is digital confidence?
- Introducing Support for Cypress Tests on BrowserStack - BrowserStack Automate becomes the first cloud infrastructure for running Cypress test automation out-of-the-box.
- TomTom migrates to Xray from HP ALM for better efficiency - Leaving behind a legacy tool made TomTom faster and more efficient.
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Min Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: Reporting on Testing & Quality - 8pm UK Time - 11th August 2020
- Masterclass: Visual testing: How it works and getting started - 8pm UK Time - 20th August 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Automation - 8pm UK Time - 8th September 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- PDF Accessibility Tools & Resources Roundup - Some resources to help you get started with PDF Accessibility.
- Cops Arrest 17-Year-Old Suspect in Massive Twitter Hack - Hackers hijacked some of the most high profile accounts on the social network by leveraging an internal Twitter tool.
- Black Hat: Hackers are using skeleton keys to target chip vendors - Operation Chimera focuses on the theft of valuable intellectual property and semiconductor designs.
- [Online] MoT KL Meetup #6: What is Agile for Testers? - Online, Kuala Lumpur
- Behavior-driven development and continuous delivery – how do they fit together? - Online, Boston
- Summer 2020 #3 - Kaunas
- API Automation with RestSharp - Online, Auckland