This newsletter is kindly supported by Testsigma
Testsigma announces API testing! 🔥
Open source, Low-code test automation platform, Testsigma announces the launch of the all-new API testing feature, making test creation and validation easier than ever before! Check it out!
How do we future-proof ourselves?
I enjoyed reading Sarah Deery's simple five-step guide to creating a learning list. It's one way to ensure we learn what's important and aligned with our career growth goals. And it's also a tool to support your job stability. Have you used a learning list before? How did it help? Let me know.
Did you see Diana Dromey's fun challenge to win a ticket to TestBash UK 2023? Head to Zurich or Athens and get involved! 😉
🙋 Learn and share your thoughts on the following
- How hard is it to go from software engineer to QA engineer? asks Briana
- Roger would like to know, can AI or ChatGPT create and run tests?
- How do you decide what to learn next?
- Help nagalakshmi convince their leadership why they should sign them up for a MoT Pro membership
- How do you develop a training curriculum for your team of testers and what does it look like?
- Did you recently land a new job? Or did you see someone else mention they’ve recently started a new job?
- What are your five favourite testing questions?
- Christopher is keen to understand more about load testing in production
- What do you think about test automation goals? asks Eric
- Can you turn Louise's pipeline sadness into happiness?
Enjoy the week ahead.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Gatling
Load Testing over crashing with Gatling
Gatling is a powerful load testing solution, designed to avoid crashes and enhance customer experience. We allow automation in CI/CD processes and ease scenario tests. Identify performance issues and don’t wait for crashes, start your free trial today!
📖 Helpful business posts
- Implementing DevSecOps in your SDLC — Andrew Walker
- Test Case Design Techniques & When to Change Them — Amy E Reichert
- IT Insights : From the Perspective of TEM & ERM — Jane Temov
- A Complementary Approach in Testing: Static and Dynamic Testing — Lejla Hadzimahovic
- Introducing Performance Testing — Dan Belcher
- Apr’23 Updates: The All-New LT Debug 2.0, Selenium Telemetry Logs, And More — Salman Khan
- Big DataSec: A Checklist for Securing Data Lakes — Enov8
- How to use test charters for effective exploratory testing? — Petruta Paraschiv
📚 Reading List of the Week
Here's another excellent reading list for you and it's all about Testing Strategies And Plans.
It contains articles on using a mind map for a test strategy, creating a simple one-page test plan, plus a handy planning checklist and more. This is an essential reading list for anyone looking to get more strategic with their testing efforts.
Please do share one of the articles if you think someone would find it useful. It could open up a new possibility for them.
- Wed 10 May Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Wed 17 May API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Wed 24 May Zero Bug Policy: The Myths And The Reality
- Wed 31 May Understanding New Situations With Strategy Maps
- Wed 14 Jun Automated Atomic Tests With Java
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Tue 25 Jul Grow Your Technical Confidence
- Thu 31 Aug The Psychology of Web Performance
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
🤝 Calls for Contributions
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.