mabl kindly supports this newsletter
Last Chance: Extend Testing's Reach
Hear how other teams at JetBlue, Barracuda, Ritual, TrustCloud, Community Brands, and more, are taking different approaches to optimizing the quality of their applications at Experience 2023. Don't miss out: the event goes live November 1-2. View the full agenda and register for free.
🪞 What new angle could help you revisit something this week?
You could always find a new angle at ReTestBash UK on Thursday 2nd November. Deepen your knowledge and extend your learning with the community. While it won't be the same as meeting in person, I'm very much looking forward to reconnecting with folks again. There was plenty that I missed at TestBash UK and this will be a perfect opportunity to discover more. No doubt the Ask Me Anything sessions with the speakers will spark more ideas and actions to take back to your workplace. Plus, live community chat during the event is a handy way for us to reconnect. TestBash UK 2023 ticket holders and MoT Pro members get instant access. Register today
We're also revisiting things at Team MoT, since Rosie Sherry recently re-joined as CEO. It's refreshing. Plus, the discussion with the community at last week's This Week in Testing centred around what's changed in the software testing industry in the last five years. We found it a helpful exercise to think in big chunks of time. Thanks to Ben Dowen, Lee Marshall, Aj Wilson, and Paul Maxwell-Walters for sharing their thoughts on the topic. Join and continue the conversation about this on The Club.
"Most people I know who freelance are either developers or designers, I didn’t know of many testers working as freelancers until the last few years." Mirza Sisic shares freelancing tips for software testers in this new advice-laden article.
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- Jean is curious if testers should be part of a squad/feature team
- What makes a good 1:1? asks Peet
- How do you create a supportive and enabling culture where people with a disability want to work?
- Emna would like to know, what are your testing challenges when moving to the cloud?
- What heuristics do you use to help you make connections between various parts of the product?
- Ady would like your advice on how you prepare for end-of-year reviews
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
SolDevelo kindly supports this newsletter
Discover how to become a pro tester with the help of QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira
Being a tester is one thing but becoming exceptional is a whole other story. Learn how using an intuitive and affordable tool such as QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira can help you transform into a pro tester.
🔜 Register for TestBash Autumn 2023 to learn and connect with fellow testers
📖 Helpful business posts
- Appium Doctor: Your Prescription to Seamless Mobile Testing — Upendra Prasad Mahto
- Top 12 Python Web Development Frameworks In 2023 — Urwashi Priya
- Allure Testops and Gitlab — Mikhail Lankin
- Ace software testing compliance with Xray Part 1 — Ivan Filippov
- Ace software testing compliance with Xray Part 2 — Ivan Filippov
- How to Find Element by Text in Selenium C# — Andreea Draniceanu
- How to Inspect Elements on Mac? — Saniya Gazala
- Unleashing the Potential of AI in Testing – Future of Quality Assurance — Ilam Padmanabhan
- Reducing Storage Costs with Tiny Databases — Andrew Walker
- Breaking Barriers: How TestOps Transforms Software Testing in Digital Transformation — Smeetha Thomas
- A Complete Guide to CSS Selectors — Harish Rajora
- Webinar: Client Feedback and Quality Assurance in Web Design for Agencies [Experience (XP) Series] — Yash Bansal
- Tue 31 Oct Analyse Requirements
- Tue 31 Oct How To Build a Thriving QA/Testing Team With People-First Leadership
- Thu 02 Nov ReTestBash UK 2023 🪞
- Tue 07 Nov Collaborate With Team (Agile)
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023
- Tue 28 Nov Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work
- Thu 30 Nov Testing Ask Me Anything on Teams Without Testers
- Wed 25 Sep - Thu 26 Sep TestBash UK 2024
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- Articles on influencing
- Articles on problem-solving
- Articles on the subject of quality
- Articles on the power of models
- Elevate Your Expertise: Be a Guest Speaker on Our AMA Webinars
- Run a Masterclass Webinar and Illuminate the Testing Community
- Speak & Present at TestBash UK 2024
- Register Your Interest in Becoming a Course Creator 💡🧑🏫