mabl kindly supports this newsletter
How to Get Started with Test Automation
New to test automation? Interested in learning how low-code platforms differ from scripted or manual approaches? Join this hands-on lab and learn how to prioritize the right automation tests and create tests against a web application. Join live on August 23rd at 1pm EST.
Switching off and disconnecting.
Now I could be referring to the "AI machines" but I'm not. Instead, last week I spotted real community members sharing that they've been disconnecting from being online. They've highlighted that it's been a great way to reset and step away from the busyness. And also a good way to take a break from a community with a lot to offer each other. Hopefully you're in a position to take a break once in a while.
For the machines that don't take breaks, and for those interested in Large Language Model (LLM) Testing, Kristof Van Kriekingen highlighted that OWASP recently released a Top 10 Security vulnerability list for LLMs. It's worth a read. 👀
🎥 I was pleased to see Lisi Hocke's recording of her brilliant Masterclass webinar go live. If you missed it, it's a must-watch. Lots of helpful and practical advice on how to grow your technical confidence. Available to all MoT Pro members.
NEW ARTICLE: How Did The QA Team Miss This Defect? We've all been asked this question, but how can we make improvements so it doesn't get asked again?
Thank you to everyone who reviewed the abstracts for TestBash Autumn 2023. We're now in the process of reviewing the feedback and finalising the lineup. And if you're looking to get into public speaking, listen to Chris Armstrong reflect on his experiences.
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- Sushant would like to know what some of the problems/limitations you have faced with Playwright
- Mahathee is looking for help with mobile accessibility testing
- How do you avoid being stuck in a non-inclusive echo chamber?
- What’s the longest time you’ve waited from raising a bug to it getting fixed? asks Ben
- What soft/human skills are critical for being a good tester?
- Daniel is looking for good performance testing learning material
Team Ministry of Testing are winding things down over the coming weeks so there won't be a newsletter from me for a bit. I'll see you again at the start of September when it's time to get excited about TestBash UK! 🎉
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
📷 TestBash UK is full of workshops. Ready to join them? 📷
📖 Helpful business posts
- How To Setup And Install PhantomJS In Python: All You Need To Know — Jainish Patel
- Test Case Prioritization Techniques and Metrics — Hannah Son
- Learn to Handle Mouse Hover in Selenium — Upendra Prasad Mahto
- Data Center Migrations – Innovate with Enov8 — Jane Temov
- What is Monkey Patching in Python: A Complete Tutorial With Examples — Paulo Oliveira
- What we’ve been up to in July: Allure Testops 4.19.0 and 4.20.0 — Qameta Software
- The Ethical Considerations in AI-Driven Test Automation — Pricilla Bilavendran
- Learn The Techniques To Close Browser Tabs In Selenium Using Python And Java — Tanay Kumar Deo
- New Mabl Features Enable Quality Teams to Increase Test Coverage Across Email — Juliette MacPhail
- Android Device Statistics for Mobile App Testing  — Salman Khan
- Test Case Versioning in Highly Regulated Environments — José Domingues
- Use Cases of Python XPath In Selenium With Examples — Jainish Patel
- Thu 24 Aug Testing Ask Me Anything on Learning Soft Skills
- Thu 31 Aug The Psychology of Web Performance
- Tue 05 Sep Communicating an Understanding of a Product Task Analysis
- Wed 06 Sep Continuous Testing Approach For Cross-Functional Requirements
- Tue 12 Sep Working With Automation (UI and API)
- Wed 13 Sep Understanding New Situations With Strategy Maps
- Tue 19 Sep Pre-TestBash UK 2023 Meetup
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
- Tue 26 Sep Creating Test Plans
- 🆕 Tue 26 Sep Selling Testing Into Project Teams: A Guide to Convincing Teams To Test
- Wed 27 Sep Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Tue 03 Oct Following Test Plans
- Tue 17 Oct Maintaining Test Plans
- Tue 31 Oct Analyse Requirements
- Thu 02 Nov ReTestBash UK 2023
- Tue 07 Nov Collaborate With Team (Agile)
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023