This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex
TimeShiftX – Start Time Traveling Today
TimeShiftX lets you time travel your software to test date and time sensitive functionality and code such as year-end, daylight savings, and billing. Employ instant time travel inside Active Directory & Kerberos without code or system clock changes and removing all pain points.
The conversation about AI is everywhere.
Testing folks have a part to play in the debate and the evolution of AI. Bill Matthews shared some thoughts on this topic back in 2016 and he created a tester's guide to testing AI applications. I'm keen to hear your thoughts about it (send me an email) or add to the conversations happening on all the various platforms out there. Why not post your thoughts about AI on The Club?
Diana has the following to share about TestBash Spring 2023 🌷. "We have a total of 250 folks attending 🎉. Our goal is to have 400 attendees, will you help us achieve that goal by sharing with your colleagues at work and in your networks?" Share and register on the TestBash Spring event page.
🎟️ Win a conference and workshop pass to SeleniumConf. Just answer this question before the 8th of March and you'll be in with a chance to win!
Can you help with the following?
- How do you test everything during regression testing? Raghu needs your advice.
- Vitali would like to know how they can move from office work to freelance testing
- What does your naming convention for tests/checks look like?
- Diana asks: What challenges would you create at Selenium Conference?
- Mirza would like to get your thoughts on using BehavePro BDD test management tool.
- David is keen to get your take on Postman's recent changes to their Local Collection Runner.
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
P.S. Read Ioan's heartfelt poem: Testing Situations With A Smile 😃
This newsletter is kindly supported by SeleniumConf
Get Your Ticket to SeleniumConf
Ministry of Testing are the official media sponsor of SeleniumConf! There’s a great lineup of workshops, speakers and a chance to meet some of the SeleniumHQ core contributors. Grab your ticket and we’ll see you there!
📖 Helpful business posts
- What is a Steering Committee? A Technologists View — Andrew Walker
- Writing a Business Case for the Steering Commitee — Jane Temov
- How To Find Elements Using Playwright Locators — Jaydeep Karale
- Agile Sprint Scheduling Explained : A Detailed Guide — Andrew Walker
- How To Automate Android Apps Using Appium — Wasiq Bhamla
- Introducing Support for MFA Login Flows (Thanks mabl Hackathon!) — Joe Lust
- Mastering CSS Border Style: A Comprehensive Guide — Alex Anie
- Standardised Operations (SOPs) & Runsheets for Test Environment Management — Enov8
- Introducing the LambdaTest Test Automation Professional Certificate exclusively on LinkedIn Learning — LambdaTest
- Elevate Testing Impact with mabl’s Reporting API — Owen Hendley
- How Allianz France achieved a fast-paced Agile development lifecycle with Xray and YEST – Smartesting
- Wed 01 Mar API Testing 101: Sending our first requests
- Tue 14 Mar How to test smarter (not harder) with model-based test design
- Wed 15 Mar Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Wed 22 Mar Can You Do API Testing With Cypress?
- Thu 23 Mar TestBash Spring 2023
- Tue 28 Mar Simple Tests for Accessibility
- Wed 19 Apr API Testing 102: Security And More Request Types
- Wed 26 Apr Identifying Codified Oracles In Automated Test Design
- Wed 03 May API Testing 201: API Testing Tools
- Wed 17 May API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
🤝 Calls for Contributions
- Present a Webinar
- Complete a Survey
- Write for us
- Ask Me Anything Speakers 🆕
- Need inspiration? Check out 42 ways to contribute to the Ministry of Testing community 💡
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.