MoT kindly supports this newsletter
🍁 Join Us at TestBash Autumn
Unlock the full potential of your membership! Go Pro or buy your ticket and explore the wonders of automation and more at TestBash Autumn 2023. Online talks and Q&A with the speakers, live panel discussions and Ask Me Anythings. Two days of learning-packed testing goodness.
Last week was TestBash UK 2023 week! 😃
Thank you to everyone who made TestBash so special. It takes a magical community to come together in person to create a shared experience like the one we had last week. As I moved around the venue you could feel the buzz. Conversation after conversation. People meeting each other for the first time. Teams reconnecting. Questions asked, active listening and tonnes of note taking. Talks, workshops, activities and Ask Me Anythings amplified it all. Hundreds of photos taken by hundreds of people. Fond memories forever.
So what next? What do you do with those connections and learnings? Read this article to get started: Keeping The Conference Momentum Going. 📈
There's also ReTestBash UK 2023, the ultimate online conference designed to deepen your knowledge and extend your learning for all TestBash UK 2023 ticket holders. Plus, it's available to all Ministry of Testing Pro Members. 🏆
If you didn't attend TestBash then I recommend taking a look at the #TestBash feed on LinkedIn. Lots of fantastic folks sharing updates and key learnings to spark something in you. And if you want to join next year, we've officially announced TestBash UK 2024. It's in Nottingham and you can get your blind-bird ticket at the lowest guaranteed price. 🌳
One final thing to mention, we've opened up a number of new ways to contribute to the community. Read the "Calls for Contributions" section below. Write an article about the power of models, problem-solving, quality and influencing.
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- Can you help Matt? They are now the only Quality Engineer and feeling the pressure as a lead they don't yet want to be.
- What are your thoughts on tester-led dev teams? asks Jon
- How many testers to change a web page (or lightbulb)?
- Colm would like to know, what do you think about the page config model?
- When in the SDLC should a junior tester typically get involved in test planning?
- Are there any courses that help people understand how to write fast, deterministic, meaningful tests?
- Mark is curious to know, what has been your biggest staging environment issue?
- Code coverage. Is it worth measuring at all?
I hope you have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
P.S. I took this photo at TestBash during an interactive community session with the audience. How might we support each other to address these replies? 🤔
Qameta kindly supports this newsletter
Discover exciting TestOps-focused events
Learn how Allure Testops helps you get real-time visibility of testing across dev and delivery tools.
📖 Helpful business posts
- How to Handle ElementClickInterceptedException in Selenium Java — Faisal Khatri
- IT Architecture – In the Lower Environments — Jane Temov
- Cypress vs Playwright: A Detailed Comparison — Ioan Solderea
- How to plan and prepare for exploratory testing? — Sérgio Freire
- Test Case Design Techniques for Smart Software Testing — Tanay Kumar Deo
- Quality Gates for Testers — Mikhail Lankin
- Hybrid Framework In Selenium — Urwashi Priya
- How to Structure, Perform, & Report On Exploratory Testing — Hannah Son
- Software Testing Tools: The More You Know, The Better You Implement — Upendra Prasad Mahto
- What is an IT & Test Environment Mesh — Enov8
- How to Handle pytest Timeouts — Paulo Oliveira
- Tue 26 Sep Creating Test Plans
- Wed 27 Sep Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Wed 27 Sep Selling Testing Into Project Teams: A Guide to Convincing Teams To Test
- Tue 03 Oct Following Test Plans
- Tue 03 Oct What Agile Testing is NOT
- Tue 17 Oct Maintaining Test Plans
- Wed 18 Oct Advanced Testing with Xray - How to combine tools and humans?
- Thu 26 Oct Testing Ask Me Anything on Holistic Testing
- Tue 31 Oct Analyse Requirements
- Thu 02 Nov ReTestBash UK 2023
- Tue 07 Nov Collaborate With Team (Agile)
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023
- Tue 28 Nov Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work
- Wed 25 Sep - Thu 26 Sep TestBash UK 2024
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- 🆕 Articles on the power of models
- 🆕 Articles on problem-solving
- 🆕 Articles on the subject of quality
- 🆕 Articles on influencing
- Elevate Your Expertise: Be a Guest Speaker on Our AMA Webinars
- Run a Masterclass Webinar and Illuminate the Testing Community
- 🆕 Speak & Present at TestBash UK 2024
- 🆕 Register Your Interest in Becoming a Course Creator
- Share Your MoT Love Story