Testmo kindly supports this newsletter
UPDATE: Testmo - #1 Unified Test Management Tool
Testmo is the #1 unified modern test management tool. Now even better with faster test steps, rich PDF reporting, automation fields, improved Jira add-on, extended API & more. Affordable for teams of all sizes with enterprise-grade reliability & support. Try Testmo free!
The testing community is buzzing.
It's great to observe all the activity and excitement around TestBash UK 2023. Folks continue to discuss what they learned and the important connections they made. Lovely to see a testing conference spark this. And I'm hopeful there is still value to be discovered for those who weren't in a position to attend. Definitely check out what folks are sharing on various social platforms, blogs and forums. The recordings will be available soon enough.
🍁 Let's talk TestBash Autumn 2023! If you missed the announcement about the first wave of speakers, check it out. It's good to see many folks from the community step up to share their knowledge and experience — congrats! The best way to join is to register for a Pro Membership. You get access to the 2-day event plus a mega-tonne of talks from previous TestBashes – in fact, all of them! I'm biased yet it's incredible value for money if you want career growth learning content from the Ministry of Testing community. There are plenty more reasons to sign up for a Pro Membership yet I'll save that for another day.
A new Ask Me Anything recording is available. 🎉 It's on soft skills which is a topic I think we should give more attention to. Deborah Reid answers many questions such as "What are the top three soft skills a tester should master?", "How can you assess soft skills?", "How can you practice some of your soft skills" and more! Watch it today.
"As a software tester, I frequently feel that I’m not good enough at work and that I know nothing, despite all my experience and hard work. An even greater fear of incompetence arises when I realize I’m a woman in the tech industry. These feelings are often due to impostor syndrome." — Nataliya Hanchych. Read this powerful article on overcoming imposter syndrome as a software tester. Thank you for your openness and for sharing with the community, Nataliya.
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- Butch would like to know, what are some different ways you’ve categorized bugs within your teams? – I like the one Butch has come up with! 😄
- What are your strategies for working with and maintaining large Postman collections? asks Jen
- Should QA limit their automation scope to functional & non-functional testing?
- What tools do you use for exploratory testing? asks Richard
- Mark would like to know, how a Junior tester contributes towards Test planning.
- A new quarterly introductions thread is live! Introduce or reintroduce yourself to the community. 👋
One more thing, if you attended TestBash UK last month and are unsure what to do next, I recently shared three ways to ensure your testing conference learnings don't go to waste. I'd love to know what you do and what helps. Feel free to send me an email or share with the community on The Club.
Have a great week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
In need of that Testbash vibe? Register for TestBash Autumn 2023 🍁
mailosaur kindly supports this newsletter
Communication testing has never been easier or faster
Mailosaur is a communication testing platform for any app, product, or campaign. What does that mean? Well, they’ll help you ensure every email and SMS your product sends looks and works the way you expect. Get started with your 14-day free trial today.
📖 Helpful business posts
- Eliminating DevOps Blind Spots through TEM & ERM — Andrew Walker
- Getting Started with MongoDB Testing Using Selenium WebDriver — Daniel Mascarenhas
- How to Write Effective Test Cases (With Templates) — Hannah Son
- Flutter vs React Native: Which is Right for You? — Akash Nagpal
- Unlocking AI-Driven CI/CD Success: Mastering Test Observability for Seamless Deployment — Anindya Mishra
- Tue 03 Oct Following Test Plans
- Tue 03 Oct What Agile Testing is NOT
- Tue 17 Oct Maintaining Test Plans
- Wed 18 Oct Advanced Testing with Xray - How to combine tools and humans?
- Thu 26 Oct Testing Ask Me Anything on Holistic Testing
- Tue 31 Oct Analyse Requirements
- Thu 02 Nov ReTestBash UK 2023 🪞🤔
- Tue 07 Nov Collaborate With Team (Agile)
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023 🍁
- Tue 28 Nov Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work
- Wed 25 Sep - Thu 26 Sep 2024 TestBash UK 2024 🇬🇧
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- Articles on influencing
- Articles on problem-solving
- Share Your MoT Love Story
- Articles on the power of models
- Articles on the subject of quality
- Register Your Interest in Becoming a Course Creator
- Elevate Your Expertise: Be a Guest Speaker on Our AMA Webinars
- Run a Masterclass Webinar and Illuminate the Testing Community
- Speak & Present at TestBash UK 2024