I started my testing career as a solo software tester, it can definitely be intimidating. Trying to figure out how to figure out the test strategy, how to make sure my customer's needs were being met. Well, how to do everything frankly. This is a great article from Eduardo, sharing some tips for those of you in a similar boat as the only tester on a team or in a company.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Vornex!
Temporal testing is critical for date sensitive business rules such as insurance rates, billing, and enrollment. Efficient time travel testing can increase your test coverage, accelerate development, and improve software quality. Read our whitepaper to learn the 5 ways to time travel software!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
🎧 Mike talks to Simon Tomes about Exploratory Testing in our latest podcast.
Learn with Deborah Reid about what Accessibility is, why it's important to test for and how to get your team started with an Accessibility testing mindset in Deborah's new course! 🧠
🔎 Learn how you could visually identify code that is poorly structured or is counter to typical code patterns and how to describe the difference between functional and non-functional test types in Jenna Charlton's upcoming training course. Get your Super Early Bird ticket!
You've heard of Bug Bashes, but what are they and how can you actually run one? Read about the benefits and how you can get started.
📹 We want you! OK, we actually want your Testing Tips - submit a 10 minute video of your testing tip for us to share during TestBash Home.
Bangalore meetup recently had a Panel with Jess Ingrassellino, Hitesh Khodani and Venkat Ramakrishnan about Quality Engineering in Action. It's now available to watch. 📺
✍️ Register your interest in Venkat's course to understand how to explain why automation of pairwise testing is essential, and show where to find the list of automation tools.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Mailosaur!
When creating new test accounts for your product, you quickly find out that you're stuck for email addresses. Mailosaur gives you unlimited email addresses, an API for your favourite test framework and SMS numbers, allowing you to easily test scenarios like account verification, password reset and email notifications.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
Do we even need test managers? Is it a dead/dying role? 🤔
You're likely familiar with the concept of randomly failing automated tests. Handling the results of such tests can be tricky, what's the best option?
How do you estimate testing effort on stories? Raghu is wondering do you use hours or points? 🎯
Coming up with a testing strategy doesn't have to be stressful. Have a listen to this podcast for some inspiration.
What's your process for testing installed apps on mobile? Robert needs your insights! 💡
Why are some developers so fundamentally opposed to changing an app to make it more testable? What have you done to address this view? 💪
👀 Ever wondered what a micro service is? Or how you'd even test one? Muz has started a useful discussion about this
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Discussions.
- Exploratory Testing Week - 26th - 30th April 2021 - Go Pro Or Get a Ticket to Join us! 🎉
- Discussion: Security Testing with Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen & James Bore - 8pm UK Time - 4th May 2021
- Masterclass: Succeed As a New Manager with Maryam Umar - 8pm UK Time - 18th May 2021
- Exploring Non-Functional Testing Training with Jenna Charlton, 2-Days - 20th - 21st May - Tickets now available
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Testing Essentials with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 1st June 2021
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th of June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th of July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
We’re excited to join SauceLabs for three days of testing goodness at #SauceCon Online, April 20-22! Check out the world class lineup of speakers, including MoT’s very own Mark Winteringham, and register for your ticket today. Save 25% with the code MOT25. 🎊
REST has been the de facto standard for APIs for a while now. Learn how to write tests for GraphQL APIs using REST Assured
Introducing mabl University! A new hub for learning everything mabl test automation and quality engineering.
🙌 6 Ways to grow your testing career. Some tips to get your career as a tester on track, or even take it down some new paths!
A shiny new OpenSDK, a cross-platform open source automation framework for both web & mobile testing. Have you tried it out yet?
99-Minute Workshops - April 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- How to Build a Culture of Quality - Join Bertold Kolics at 3 pm UK Time - 19th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - Join Boni García at 8 pm UK Time - 21st of April
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 12 pm UK Time - 23rd of April
- Automated Visual Testing - Join Angie Jones at 4 pm UK Time - 28th of April - Open to everyone to attend