Progile kindly supports this newsletter
TestResults.io News: Automate with GenAI!
Automating across systems, technologies, and devices was never more hassle-free and less time-consuming; Just prompt your user journeys (all your test cases), and the latest GenAI feature creates the test steps. Start today scaling your test automation abilities with a free account.
Who would you like to congratulate on their new job?
The market for finding testing-related job roles is tough right now so I think it's good to celebrate those in the community who have recently started a new job or have been promoted. I tend to pop on LinkedIn to spot job changes and to share congratulations.
Big congrats to Lee Marshall. Lee is someone who gives much to the testing community and has started a new job as a Test Manager and is the first tester in the company. Ministry of Testing has a dedicated community chat channel to celebrate your job "woohoos". Plus, if you need support with the next steps of your career do consider catching up on the TestBash Careers playlist and taking the 30 Days of Career Growth challenge. You could also sign up for job alerts via the MoT Jobs Board.
Dig into business risks and their relationship with testing, check out this Ask Me Anything with Keith Klain. I'm very pleased to see the recording went live last week! 🎉
There are three testing webinars I reckon you should sign up for and all three are open to all!
- A new partner webinar: Advanced Testing with Xray - How to combine tools and humans?
- Callum Akehurst-Ryan's Masterclass webinar on Selling Testing Into Project Teams: A Guide to Convincing Teams To Test
- Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work with Ben Dowen who will share how he tests multiple system layers with confidence
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- How much should a junior tester be involved in automation? asks Mark
- Antonio needs your advice on the next steps for his career. Antonio is 2 years in and deciding what's next!
- Where can Alex find a mentor as a QA Manager?
- A tricky dilemma: How do you gain experience when nobody wants to hire a junior role?
- How does a Junior tester go about “Communicating their understanding of a product”?
- More items were added to the AI and Testing wiki. What have you recently read or watched that you could add?
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
🇬🇧 TestBash UK has many workshops waiting for you. 🔜
📖 Helpful business posts
- Navigating Digital Transformation with Modern Observability — Andrew Walker
- How to measure the success of exploratory testing? - Xray Blog — Sérgio Freire
- Allure Testops and GitHub — Mikhail Lankin
- How to Write A Good Test Summary Report (Template + Example) — Hannah Son
- Balancing the Test Pyramid the AWS way! — Min Xu
- Tue 12 Sep Working With Automation (UI and API)
- Wed 13 Sep 5 Ways to Foster a Culture of Quality in a DevOps World
- Wed 13 Sep Understanding New Situations With Strategy Maps
- Tue 19 Sep Pre-TestBash UK 2023 Meetup
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023 🔜🥳
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
- Tue 26 Sep Creating Test Plans
- Tue 26 Sep Selling Testing Into Project Teams: A Guide to Convincing Teams To Test
- Wed 27 Sep Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Thu 28 Sep Testing Ask Me Anything on Talking Testing With Stakeholders
- Tue 03 Oct Following Test Plans
- Tue 03 Oct What Agile Testing is NOT
- Tue 17 Oct Maintaining Test Plans
- Wed 18 Oct Advanced Testing with Xray - How to combine tools and humans? 🆕
- Tue 31 Oct Analyse Requirements
- Thu 02 Nov ReTestBash UK 2023
- Tue 07 Nov Collaborate With Team (Agile)
- Tue 14 Nov Apply Systems Thinking
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023
- Tue 28 Nov Teamwork Makes the Full-Stack Testing, Dream Work 🆕