Sometimes you have to decide as a team that a story is done. It's important to remember that we're not the gatekeepers of product releases, but we should decide as a team when a product is good to go. I like this article from Elizabeth Zagroba, could help you all get on the same page.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestProject!
Built for the community – 100% open source!
Always wanted a single interface for Selenium & Appium testing across all operating systems, using any programming language you love? 👋 Say hello to the OpenSDK & join TestProject’s live webinar to learn more, leverage its built-in free reports & simplify your CI flow 🌊 See you there!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
🔎 Exploratory testing, what is it? How can you secure the time or budget to do it? Dave Harrison, Nicola Lindgren and Callum Akehurst-Ryan talk to Adam in our latest podcast.
Do you consider how your mindset impacts how you test? Barry Ehigiatorn shares the value of pessimism in testing and how you can use it to your advantage. 🌦
⏰ Our next Testing Ask Me Anything on Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan is on the 20th April. Find out when exploratory testing is most appropriate, or how you can get more team involvement or any other questions that could help you with your testing. Register and add your questions.
Exploratory Testing Week is getting closer and we are releasing the line up, what you can get involved with and why you need to register or buy your ticket now. You can see the latest on our news. 🗞
🚢 Let's imagine that we are a member of the ship's crew. We have found some defects that we believe to be critical. What are we going to do about it? Watch Louise Gibbs' talk on what a bug is, and explore the idea that bugs do not cause failures, but they do increase the risk of failure.
Testing is a craft that evolves continuously, are ethics keeping pace with newly developed features? Tobias Geyer shares his thoughts in this talk.
📺 Join Georgia as they take us on their quality journey in this Masterclass recording. They'll share how they got their company talking about quality and agreed on a definition. Then they were able to agree on concrete measures for quality and implemented them to get team buy-in.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Testim!
Scale Test Automation with TestOps
When your applications grow, so do your automation projects, adding tools, integrations, tests, and teammates. TestOps is a set of features designed to help managers and quality-oriented development teams efficiently and effectively scale their automation initiatives. Try Testim for free.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
No matter how big or small your wins might seem, a win is a win. Share your wins for March and celebrate with others. 🎉
Do you have a strategy for mobile and big screen testing? Mariia Hutsuk and Sivamoorthy Bose share their knowledge and experience to help you.
Jeffrey is wondering what challenges have you faced while learning a new automation tool and how did you overcome them? 🤔
Is there such a thing as untestable code? Or is it just "too expensive"? Interesting post on what your options might be.
What do you do/listen to while testing, do you have any weird habits? Kristof talks to a rubber duck, Maaike talks out loud, what do you do? 🦆
Deepfake expert Nina Schick joins the Smashing Security podcast to discuss synthetic media, Facebook's latest data fiasco, and some less-than-brilliant April Fool's tricks.
Should the behaviour Gustavo is seeing be marked as a regression bug or a new ticket? 🎟
Our audience says...we're a quarter of the way there and we need your help! Can you help us to fill in the Testing Family Feud board? (Family Fortunes for the Brits) 👀
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Discussions.
- Testing Ask Me Anything: Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan - 8 pm UK Time - 20th of April 2021
- Exploratory Testing Week - 26th - 30th April 2021
- Panel Discussion: Security with Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen & James Bore - 8pm UK Time - 4th May 2021
- Exploring Non-Functional Testing Training with Jenna Charlton, 2-Days - 20th - 21st May - Tickets now available
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th of June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th of July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July
If you're interested in finding out about future meetups, whether online or in person, please check out the Club meetup section or keep an eye on the Slack Events channel.
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
We are excited to join SauceLabs for three days of testing goodness at SauceCon Online from April 20-22! SauceCon brings together the global community of Sauce Labs users and automated testing experts. Register for your ticket today and save 25% with the code MOT25.
Have you ever wanted to have your own Bug Bash at work? This is the ultimate guide to organizing a bug bash from TestProject.
Using Cypress and Google Lighthouse for Performance Testing, have you heard about this plugin?
Whether you’re transitioning to intelligent test automation from purely manual testing or a legacy automated testing tool, the road to implementing quality engineering requires a thoughtful, strategic plan. These are 3 steps to get you started.
99-Minute Workshops - April 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with TestProject - Join Ran Tzur at 12 pm UK Time - 12th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- API Testing with Postman - Join Suman Bala at 8 pm UK Time - 14th of April
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 12 pm UK Time - 16th of April
- How to Build a Culture of Quality - Join Bertold Kolics at 3 pm UK Time - 19th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - Join Boni García at 8 pm UK Time - 21st of April
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 12 pm UK Time - 23rd of April
- Automated Visual Testing - Join Angie Jones at 4 pm UK Time - 28th of April - Open to everyone to attend