This newsletter is kindly supported by Tricentis
ShiftSync: community for quality engineering
Tricentis has recently unveiled ShiftSync, an exclusive community dedicated to quality engineering. By joining ShiftSync, you can connect with like-minded professionals in the industry, learn from their experiences, and collaborate on exciting projects together. Join ShiftSync today and unlock the full potential of your development team.
There are many ways to get involved with the testing community. One of those ways is to contribute at a testing conference. And we've just announced five epic ways to get stuck in.
1️⃣ Talk at TestBash Autumn
2️⃣ Do a 99-Second Intro at TestBash Autumn
3️⃣ Create a Feature Spotlight for TestBash Autumn
4️⃣ Speak at an AMA or Discussion at TestBash Autumn
5️⃣ Share How Your Organisation Automates Your Product
Share your knowledge, earn £££, and inspire many people! Apply here. MoT Pro Members get instant access to TestBash Autumn over the two days and full access to all the videos after the event.
And if that isn't for you, how about joining a whole bunch of the community in person in Liverpool. Buy a ticket to TestBash UK 2023. 🇬🇧 Check out this handy video if you need to convince your manager.
I had a good chat with Sarah Deery (LearningBoss) last week. We'll soon launch "30 Days of Career Growth" to help folks get clarity on their career ambitions. Keep an eye and ear out for an announcement coming soon. I have a good feeling each daily challenge could spark something in the community that they didn't know they needed. ⚡️
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- Where can I practice writing tests? asks Brianna
- New job? Celebrate with the community.
- Help Ben decide if a career in testing is for them.
- Wanna help us get more folks involved in community discussions?
- What are the best places to find my first QA Position?
- Read about more beautiful bugs that just make you smile 😃
- What are your thoughts on this infrastructure testing tool? asks Samson
- Ben is curious about where did all the Test Managers go?
- What would you include in a workshop about quality gates? Kristof would like your ideas.
- Do you work part time? How do you support those who do?
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
📖 Helpful business posts
- Top 31 Functional Testing Tools For 2023 — Divyasshree N
- How (And Why) To Break Performance Testing Silos — Fernando Mattos and Owen Hendley
- LT Browser 2.0 Is Now LIVE On Product Hunt! 🚀 — Devansh Bhardwaj
- Building Observability In Distributed Systems — Matt Heusser
- Squeezing neurons into narrow spaces: AI in QA — Mikhail Lankin
- 34 Web Development Trends In 2023: Embracing The Future — Mythili Raju
- Release: The Benefits of Deployment Planning — Jane Temov
- How Digital Experience Testing can be the Game Changer for Enterprises-Strategies and Implementation — Pricilla Bilavendran
- 20 Best Exploratory Testing Tools For 2023 — Nazneen Ahmad
📚 Reading List of the Week
We have another fantastic reading list to share with you for the week. This reading list is all about Automation In Testing. A set of articles to take your automation efforts to the next level. Including The Building Blocks Of A UI Test Automation Framework, Should You Create Automation For Each Negative API Scenario?, Discussing Automation in Testing and more!
Please do share one of the articles if you think someone would find it helpful. There's a good chance it could open up a new possibility for them.
Also, have a look at all the available Reading Lists. Is there something missing? What reading list would you find helpful? Feel free to email Mark Winteringham with your ideas. 📧
- Wed 17 May API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Wed 24 May Zero Bug Policy: The Myths And The Reality
- Tue 30 May Advocating Quality Task Analysis 🆕
- Wed 31 May Understanding New Situations With Strategy Maps
- Tue 13 Jun Risk Analysis Task Analysis 🆕
- Wed 14 Jun Automated Atomic Tests With Java
- Tue 20 Jun Designing Tests Task Analysis 🆕
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Tue 25 Jul Grow Your Technical Confidence
- Thu 31 Aug The Psychology of Web Performance
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023 🆕🍁
🤝 Calls for Contributions
- Write for us
- Talk at TestBash Autumn 🆕
- Do a 99-Second Intro at TestBash Autumn 🆕
- Create a Feature Spotlight for TestBash Autumn 🆕
- Speak at an AMA or Discussion at TestBash Autumn 🆕
- Share How Your Organisation Automate Your Product 🆕
Stay up-to-date with the community via the Ministry of Testing Community Timeline, read an article or watch a talk. Discover what the testing community is sharing via the community blog feed.