Testmo kindly supports this newsletter
UPDATE: Testmo - #1 Unified Test Management Tool
Testmo is the #1 unified modern test management tool. Now even better with demo projects, rich PDF reporting, automation custom fields, improved Jira add-on, extended API & more. Affordable for teams of all sizes with enterprise-grade reliability & support. Try Testmo free!
There are always interesting things going on in the testing community.
Ready? 3... 2... 1... let's go!
Richard Hinton is gathering the community to create a free template for better test reporting. Folks are interested. Ash Winter was at LLEWT 2023. Butch Mayhew continues his ongoing series about API test automation with Playright: Creating a DataFactory to manage test data for API test automation. Kim Ross wants a test-a-thon. Beth Marshall started a Karate course by Joel Calatonio. Nate Bosscher suggested tips for query string testing. Moni Janzen has been reading a backlog item is a backlog item is a backlog item by Joep Schuurkes and The 4-Hour Tester. Jason Arbon estimates there are 5 to 6 million software testers in the world. Melissa Fisher shares her take on establishing a culture that values quality. Emy wrote about changing our relationship with rejection: diary of an employee after layoff. There have been further discussions about how to be sensitive to the recipient when raising a bug. And Karen Todd attended a code reading webinar by Samuel Nitsche and is now keen to find a code reading club.
If you missed the Ask Me Anything on getting hired, it's all good as the recording is now available. Watch and listen to Erin Donnelly's helpful advice. Plus, here's a reminder of the colossal archive of Ask Me Anythings – what might you learn today?
Last week we confirmed that 300 people are due to attend TestBash UK 2023 in Liverpool this September. There's still time to buy a ticket or convince your boss to sponsor you. 🎟️
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- jean-l would like help recording API calls
- Why do screen-readers behave so differently from one another? asks Claudia
- Share your up-to-date CV and seek feedback or offer feedback to someone else’s
- What are the challenges in maintaining testing?
- Swathika asks, Have you all used mind maps to sketch a QA process flow or strategy?
- What’s your ‘Tester’s Paradise’?
- Shiva needs help with selenium and python
- What do you know about SSL pinning? Parameswaran could do with some advice.
- How do you maintain and resolve bugs as a junior tester?
- New to the community? Say hi. 👋
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
📷 Create photo memories like this at TestBash UK. 📷
📖 Helpful business posts
- New Features And Enhancements: Real Devices And Playwright Testing — Devansh Bhardwaj
- Generative AI for Efficient Test Data Generation and Management — Bharath Hemachandran
- Grow Your Quality Skills with mabl University’s Non-Functional Testing Certification — Dennis Nelson
- Xray’s Success Case with Toll-based Mobility Solutions — Vincent Kopa
- Tue 18 Jul Maintaining Tests Task Analysis
- Wed 19 Jul Continuous Testing Approach For Cross-Functional Requirements
- Thu 20 Jul Testing Ask Me Anything on Business Risk
- Tue 25 Jul Grow Your Technical Confidence
- Thu 31 Aug The Psychology of Web Performance
- Wed 13 Sep Understanding New Situations With Strategy Maps
- Tue 19 Sep Pre-TestBash UK 2023 Meetup
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 27 Sep Hands on Test Automation with Playwright
- Thu 02 Nov ReTestBash UK 2023
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- Join a Task Analysis Session
- Do a 99-Second Intro at TestBash Autumn
- Share How Your Organisation Automate Your Product
- Create a Feature Spotlight for TestBash Autumn
- Speak at an AMA or Discussion at TestBash Autumn
- Talk at TestBash Autumn
- Review Abstracts for TestBash Autumn 2023
- Share Your MoT Love Story
- Write for us