When I was working as a full-time software tester, I found pairing to be an incredibly valuable asset to my teams. I love this article from Anneliese about the benefits of pairing across disciplines. Well worth a read to see how you could implement pairing on your own team.
- Heather, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by PractiTest!
[Whitepaper] The challenges of managing manual & automated testing together, and how to overcome them using the right approach, tools and planning. Effortlessly coordinate all your testing efforts with the following six tips and ensure full QA coverage. Read on.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
📆 There's only one week left to submit your experience report for the Exploratory Testing Week challenges. You'll be paid for your time and get access to the full Exploratory Testing Week event. Pick a challenge and get your report in now!
Do you want to level up your experience with non-functional testing? You'll want to grab a ticket to our upcoming training with Jenna Charlton! 🎟
We're on the home stretch of 30 Days of Testing. It's time to share what's in your team's toolkit. You could get some new inspiration for tooling 🛠
Have you got a testing tip you'd like to share with the community? Mark wants to hear from you! 👂🏻
🤔 What do Test Automation Engineers do? How can you learn this profession if you are a beginner? Yulia has some excellent advice for you based on her own journey down this path.
🎧 Testers are fighting the good fight for recognition and appreciation. Adam speaks to Ben about his initiative to recognise people in the community and their wins no matter how big or small. Is there someone you'd like to recognise?
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Avo Automation!
Avo Automation makes software testing faster and error-proof. Instantly auto-generate your test cases across the web, mobile, desktop, ERP applications & mainframes without writing a single line of code.
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
What's your first coding memory? Such a brilliant range of memories shared so far. ❤️
Do your tests fail the right way? Do you ever deliberately make them fail to check? 🤔
What help do you get with your learning and career development? How much do you engineer yourself and how much support do you get from your employer? 👀
Have you seen any fun bugs pop up with daylight savings? Share them with Ioan. 🐛
Louise has an inspiring story about how the community helped with a job hunt. If you're struggling in the chaos of searching, give yourself a moment to read this and reflect. 😌
How do you measure automation success? An interesting topic from Alastair. 💡
If you're working on mobile devices, you should check out this new tool that Suman shared on The Club. It could help your team! 📱
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Discussions.
- Masterclass - Error: ‘Quality’ is Not Defined with Georgia Bloyce - 8 pm UK Time - 6th of April 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! with Vernon Richards and Dan Ashby - 3 days training - 12th - 14th April 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything: Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan - 8 pm UK Time - 20th of April 2021
- Exploratory Testing Week - 26th - 30th April 2021
- Panel Discussion: Security with Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen & James Bore - 8pm UK Time - 4th May 2021
- Exploring Non-Functional Testing Training with Jenna Charlton, 2-Days - 20th - 21st May - Tickets now available
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th of June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th of July 2021
- 🆕 Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
There are some interesting unpopular opinions out there on software testing. Is a tester’s mindset the most powerful thing in computing? 💪🏻
What actually is test automation? And do the benefits of it outweigh the disadvantages? Some insights for you to explore. 💡
How can you and your team recognise the full potential of a testing strategy and start achieving longer-term wins? 🧠
An interesting report to see what others in the industry are reporting on for their KPIs and how many people are employing automation. 📊
99-Minute Workshops - April 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting - Join Louise Gibbs at 8 pm UK Time - 7th April
- Enhancing Your Python Selenium Tests with TestProject - Join Ran Tzur at 12 pm UK Time - 12th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- API Testing with Postman - Join Suman Bala at 8 pm UK Time - 14th of April
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 12 pm UK Time - 16th of April
- How to Build a Culture of Quality - Join Bertold Kolics at 3 pm UK Time - 19th of April - Open to everyone to attend
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - Join Boni García at 8 pm UK Time - 21st of April
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 12 pm UK Time - 23rd of April
- Automated Visual Testing - Join Angie Jones at 4 pm UK Time - 28th of April - Open to everyone to attend