Do You Know How To Run Security Checks?
TestBash Home 2020 left a lasting impression on the testing community, setting the bar incredibly high for online conferences. It’s 2021 and we’re doing it again. It was needed last year and it’s needed this year. Yes, we are all zoomed and videoed out, but TestBash is more than watching talks. TestBash Home is a chance to connect with the community, have conversations, share your knowledge, and to co-create the best online TestBash experience we can. I look forward to creating TestBash Home with you.
- Richard, BossBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by TestProject!
While building scalable and reliable test cases, we need to find a way to overcome flakiness and reduce maintenance efforts. Join TestProject’s CEO, Mark Kardashov, on June 8th to discover how you can easily achieve these goals, while learning valuable tips & tricks to enable AI for open source test automation. Limited spaces available ✨
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
What's all this racket about? Richard, Mark and Simon have all experimented with many 9-minute audio-only chats. They cover all sorts of interesting topics and questions related to testing, TestBash Home, Ministry of Testing, our community and more!
Visit ministryoftesting.com and you'll notice we've replaced the Account dropdown with a link to a new "My MoT" page. The plan is that this will be the place to go for anything that is related to your MoT membership. For example, as a Pro member you can easily view your Learning History. Take a moment to fill in your profile and add a picture to replace our default MoT monster pic.
There's a need for security issues to be treated like any other requirements, so they don't just sit at the bottom of your team’s backlog. José Carréra describes why and shares how to get a dynamic scan running against your web application API. Check it out.
Did we mention that TestBash Home is just round the corner? 😃 With that in mind, what are you doing to prepare yourself? Conference clothes, pizza in the freezer, switching off email notifications and lots more excellent ideas on this thread. Plus, Mark and Simon explore ideas on how to overcome online event fatigue and Richard shares why our target of 1,000 attendees is so important.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also supported by the Provar!
Learn how to automate your test workflows into other connected applications or databases. Download Provar’s Automating end-to-end testing in the cloud white paper to find out.
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions and Training Courses.
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Testing Essentials with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 1st June 2021
- Discussion: Growing Your Community with Rosie Sherry, Tristan Lombard and Lee Marshall - 8pm UK Time - 15th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Test Leadership with Butch Mayhew - 8pm UK Time - 13th July 2021
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
What does the product owner do in your company? And how you do interact with them? Join the conversation and share your thoughts.
This 9-minute audio-only Racket is brilliant. With an entertaining and somewhat meta example, it's an excellent reminder of how a simple conversation can make all the difference to your testing ideas. Thanks, Stuart.
Can you help Stefan and Oleksandr? They are both new to software testing and looking for advice and support. You'll see our brilliant community have already reached out and maybe you can too.
How do you link requirements to your tests? Lots of interesting perspectives and contexts shared on this thread. Can you add yours?
Esther Derby has a brilliant way of simplifying complexity. And she's done it again! Very much enjoy her take on considering the whole team when filling a team position.
Congrats to Beth Marshall for hitting an important milestone on her blog – 10,000 views! Have you read it? It's a treasure trove of useful information.
How do you prevent defects? Is there a particular technique you can recommend?
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
Have you heard the phrase "Move fast and break things"? Is it possible to speed up without compromising on quality? Dave thinks there is a balance.
Are you interested in learning more about Site Reliability Engineering? Here are 4 tips to help you get started.
It's always interesting to see the different trends emerging in the world of testing. Bridget has shared some of the most recent trends as well as sharing some insight to the future of testing.
Have you ever paired up with Customer Support? It could definitely benefit your testing knowledge. Find out how.
99-Minute Workshops - June 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Property-based Testing in Java - With Mike Solomon - 6pm UK Time - 2nd June 2021
- Mocks and Testability - With Ali Haydar - 8pm UK Time - 7th June 2021
- RiskStorming Online - With Beren Van Daele - 8pm UK Time - 9th June 2021
- Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting - With Louise Gibbs - 12pm UK Time - 14th June 2021
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - With Roman Segador - 8pm UK Time - 16th June 2021
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - With Boni García - 12pm UK Time - 21st June 2021
- API Testing in Python with Requests - With Bas Dijkstra - 8pm UK Time - 23rd June 2021
- Approval Testing - With Emily Bache - 12pm UK Time - 28th June 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - With Ady Stokes - 8pm UK Time - 30th June 2021