I spent the weekend reflecting on Exploratory Testing Week and the discussions that happened. One that stuck in my brain was figuring out how to help the C-level (think CIO or CTO) understand the value of testing, specifically exploratory testing. Keith Klain did a great talk about exactly that, learning to speak their language. I think the key information from Keith's talk could apply to most of our interactions with the rest of the business - managers, other teams, etc - it's a valuable skill.
- Áine, MarketingBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Kobiton!
Brought to you by Kobiton, Odyssey recordings are available to watch on-demand! Get the testing knowledge you need to get ahead and hear from top experts in the industry. Sign up to watch the recordings now!
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
Does your team know the difference between Exploratory Testing and Ad-Hoc Testing? Do they feel comfortable actually doing Exploratory Testing? Nicola Lindgren's article could help you get your team to understand it fully and help you implement it in your development cycle. 🤔
🎧 Isn't all testing classed as "Testability"? What are some Good and Bad approaches to Testability Testing? In our latest podcast, Melissa Benua and Benjamin Bischoff talk about all things Testability testing.
👉 We're giving away another Pro Membership thanks to our annual partners (these folks help us bring you events and content throughout the whole year) TestProject. It's open to everyone, just answer the questions and we'll pick a winner in a few weeks.
We have a Discussion happening on Tuesday focusing on Security Testing. Our guests are Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen and James Bore. Perfect opportunity to level up your security knowledge.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Sauce Labs!
Do you work in software and run tests on your applications? At Sauce Labs, we’re constantly improving our platform and capabilities. Fill out this 3-minute survey to join our panel and be first to see new features, provide feedback, and help make Sauce Labs better for everyone! 🚀
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
Have you done database performance testing before? Kevin is looking for some help with getting started. 🙏🏻
We've all faced "I'm not sure I trust your testing" from other members of the team, or maybe you want to make sure you're doing the best testing job you can. This post from Maaret can help with that.
Romina is trying to encourage their team to actively share their experiences and discuss testing as a team in a virtual setting. Could you share some tips? 🤔
In this podcast episode from Frederico Toledo, he talks to Simon Prior discussing how to form more people in STEM with the skills needed to become great testers and how to make our profession more well known to those who have yet to graduate from university!
Our Exploratory Testing Week workshop with Elizabeth Zagroba had tonnes of questions and excellent resources shared! The discussion is continuing on The Club if you missed the live session. 😄
Mark wants to make sure we're building content that you want to read. Let him know what you'd like to hear about. 🗣
Continuing on the exploratory testing theme, can you help Philip with some questions about the FEW HICCUPS heuristic? 💡
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including training, Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings and Discussions.
- Discussion: Security Testing with Saskia Coplans, Anne Oikarinen & James Bore - 8pm UK Time - 4th May 2021
- Masterclass: Succeed As a New Manager with Maryam Umar - 8pm UK Time - 18th May 2021
- Exploring Non-Functional Testing Training with Jenna Charlton, 2-Days - 20th - 21st May - Tickets now available
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Testing Essentials with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 1st June 2021
- Automation in Testing Online - Cohort Edition with Mark Winteringham and Richard Bradshaw - 8th - 29th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th of June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th of July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
📞 Have you ever been on call before? Rachel shares her experience bumps and all.
There's been lots of chat about collaboration, so what about learning automation through collaboration? Alan Page wrote a great post about exactly that.
Performance testing on the front end is typically not performed at all, or often very limited. So how can you shift Performance Testing left? ⬅
Discovering, tracking, and resolving bugs is a problem we're all familiar with. Maybe integrating Mabl and Jira could help you collaborate with your whole team much easier?
Are you interested in getting started with the latest Cypress Studio? This walks you through some of the recent updates.
Exploratory Testing Week: The Highlights🎙. Relive some of the highlights!
Are you on a similar journey to fintech, migrating from server to the cloud? Maybe some migration scripts could make your life a whole lot easier!
99-Minute Workshops - May 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Git Foundations - With Simon Berner - 12pm UK Time - 3rd May 2021
- What Is Testing in Production and Why Would We Ever Do That?! - With Abby Bangser - 8pm UK Time - 5th May 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - With Ady Stokes - 12pm UK Time - 10th May 2021
- An Introduction to Web UI Automation - With Mark Winteringham - 8pm UK Time - 12th May 2021
- Understanding Testability - With Richard Bradshaw - 12pm - 17th May 2021
- Uncovering the Power of Browser DevTools - With Butch Mayhew - 8pm UK Time - 19th May 2021
- Exploring Quality - With Dan Ashby - 12pm UK Time - 24th May 2021
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - With Dana Aonofriesei - 8pm UK Time - 26th May 2021
- Automating Hybrid Applications with Appium - With Wim Selles - 3pm UK Time - 28th May 2021 - Open to everyone to attend
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - With Huib Schoots - 12pm UK Time - 31st May 2021