mabl kindly supports this newsletter
4 Ways to Use ChatGPT in Low-code Test Automation
Curious to learn how ChatGPT can enhance your automated testing? Check out these four prompts you can try today that will help you create scenarios for data-driven testing, specify selectors, and more.
Last week was a great week.
It was great because as a testing community, we got to see many folks get real about their career growth. Take Day 1 of 30 Days of Career Growth. Here's what some of the community had to share when asked to define their career goals.
- "Land a QA job in EdTech by the end of the year."
- "I want to improve my knowledge and expertise in automation testing within 6 months."
- "Put more effort into tech communities in and outside of work, I recognize more now just how much I benefited and continue to benefit from others volunteering their time and I want to try and pay it forward."
- "My goal in the next 6 months is to be active in the testing community."
- "Get my voice heard outside of the technology team in my company"
- "In the next 3 years I hope to work with organisation(s) to grow and coach the Improvement of Quality ownership"
- and so much more!
What an inspiration! 😍
🌱 Catch up on what's been happening and get involved. Top TIp: You can pick it up any day you like and don't have to do it in order. 😉
I also had a good chat with Callum Akehurst-Ryan about how we as a community can continue to support and amplify the LGBTQ+ community during Pride Month. We'll chat again via a LinkedIn Live Audio event on Friday and will start a discussion about what it means to be queer in the engineering space. Follow the MoT LinkedIn page to get notified when the event is available for registration. In the meantime, please add your thoughts and ideas to this thread. If you’re part of the LGBTQ+ community we’d love to support you if you would like us to. We’d love to share and amplify what you’re sharing wherever that may be. Send me a message and let's make it happen.
🙋🙋♀️🙋♂️ Join the conversation
- Parameswaran would like to know, how can we measure the test automation?
- The brilliant discussion continues about the misconceptions that junior testers are taught about testing and quality
- Do you have a test automation team, guild or product owner dedicated to test automation? asks Yvonne
- How do you make meetings more relaxing?
- Where should I go to learn about security testing?
- Kelvin is keen to know, what's the best test strategy for feature toggles?
One final thing. I love a happy accident. A while back I congratulated someone for starting a new job. I meant to say "Big congrats" yet accidentally wrote "Bug congrats". 😅 I suggested that maybe this is the way we now congratulate each other in our testing community. And someone joked that it would make for good merchandise. And you know what, they're right! What better way to say congrats to someone for starting a new testing job, getting that promotion or being part of that successful release? Or perhaps just to celebrate the awesomeness of being a tester. View the new "Bug Congrats" range in the MoT Store. 🛍️
Have a good week.
— Simon, CommunityBoss
📷 Create more photo memories like this at TestBash UK. 📷
📖 Helpful business posts
- What is a Microservice Catalog? — Jane Temov
- The Allure Report plugin for Jira — Mikhail Lankin
- Managing for Quality with Dr Joseph Juran — Mike Harris
- A Beginner’s Guide To CSS Scale Property — Shreya Trivedi
- 18 Front End Development Trends to Follow in 2023 — Harish Rajora
- QA as a process: where Shift Left and TestOps meet — Mikhail Lankin
- The future of test design: emerging trends and technologies – Ivan Filippov
- OKRs – A Test Environment & Test Data Management perspective — Andrew Walker
- How 3 Quality Engineering Teams Improved Regression Testing with Low-Code — Bridget Hughes
- What critical technical skills must CXOs drive in their organizations to successfully implement continuous quality testing? — Ashok Kumar
- Tue 13 Jun Risk Analysis Task Analysis
- Wed 14 Jun Automated Atomic Tests With Java
- Tue 20 Jun Designing Tests Task Analysis
- Wed 21 Jun API Testing 202: Automating API checks with Postman
- Thu 22 Jun Testing Ask Me Anything on Getting Hired
- Tue 27 Jun Executing Tests Task Analysis
- Tue 27 Jun Learning To Lead Before Becoming a Leader
- Tue 04 Jul Reporting Testing Task Analysis
- Wed 05 Jul How To Create Impact As A Tester And Deliver Changes Your Team Will Care About
- Tue 11 Jul Managing and Resolving Bugs Task Analysis
- Tue 18 Jul Maintaining Tests Task Analysis
- Wed 19 Jul Continuous Testing Approach For Cross-Functional Requirements
- Tue 25 Jul Communicating an Understanding of a Product Task Analysis
- Tue 25 Jul Grow Your Technical Confidence
- Thu 31 Aug The Psychology of Web Performance
- Wed 20 Sep - Thu 21 Sep TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 20 Sep Testing & Quality Recruitment Fair at TestBash UK 2023
- Wed 22 Nov - Thu 23 Nov TestBash Autumn 2023
✏️ Calls for Contributions
- Create a Video To Help Others Discover the MoT Community
- Share How Your Organisation Automate Your Product
- Speak at an AMA or Discussion at TestBash Autumn
- Create a Feature Spotlight for TestBash Autumn
- Review Abstracts for TestBash Autumn 2023
- Do a 99-Second Intro at TestBash Autumn
- Join a Task Analysis Session
- Talk at TestBash Autumn
- Write for us