How Many Different Types of Bugs Are There?
I genuinely never thought compliance could be a fun topic (and I've worked in compliance industries!) until I attended this talk from Mrinal. No matter what your thoughts are about compliance, you should watch this talk, I guarantee it will change your outlook.
- Heather, CommunityBoss
This newsletter is kindly supported by Testim!
Join Testim and seven test automation leaders as they share tips, best practices, and experiences in testing, working with integrated teams, and much more. Register before Tuesday, June 8th.
What's New With Ministry of Testing?
There are lots of opportunities to get involved this week with new training, articles and calls for content! Share and boost your testing skills.
Did you know that the Ministry of Testing community helped pick the line-up for TestBash Home 2021? Heather shares how you took on the mammmoth task of reviewing 193 abstracts to select only 12 talks.
Have you thought about going Pro but unsure how you could make the most out of the membership or how it could actually benefit you? Yogita Lad has shared her experience utilising our scholarship fund with a Pro membership!
Maryam Umar shared the ups and downs she has experienced as a manager in our recent Masterclass along with incredibly useful insights that could benefit you and your team. The recording is now available to watch.
Mark is joined by Gem Hill, Alsa Tabatabei, Ben Dowen and Lee Marshall to talk about the thorny topic of Quality in our latest podcast. (Plus the best snacks to eat)
Have you seen the new look Club? Lots of exciting changes to celebrate active contributors.
See our latest news and Dojo additions, catch up on anything you might have missed in the last few weeks.
This newsletter is also supported by the Ministry of Testing!
Join us for 24 hours of software testing goodness at our upcoming conference TestBash Home. The lineup is live and registration is open. Reserve your spot now!
Upcoming MoT Events
All of our upcoming events - including Masterclasses, Ask Me Anythings, Discussions and Training Courses.
- Become a 99 Minute Workshop Instructor - With Mark Winteringham - 26th May - 23rd June 2021
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Testing Essentials with Dan Ashby - 8pm UK Time - 1st June 2021
- Discussion: Growing Your Community with Rosie Sherry, Tristan Lombard and Lee Marshall - 8pm UK Time - 15th June 2021
- TestBash Home 2021 - 17th and 18th June 2021
- Testing Web Services and APIs Training 1-Day training with Mark Winteringham - 6th July 2021
- Practice Pairing Under Constraints to Level Up Your Collaboration Skills 1-Day training with Simon Berner and Lisi Hocke - 9th July 2021
We've picked out a few posts from our Club, blog and podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you.
Andrew is fairly new to the world of mobile automation testing. Can you help him decide why one mobile automation tooling approach might be more appropriate than another? 📱
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? The teams of detectives have nearly taken shape. Find out who will go exploring! 🗺️
How many different types of bugs are there? Mirza goes exploring and shares his discoveries! 👀
Jan-Willem Koornwinder shares a brilliant story about his journey – literally – to recreate a hard-to-reproduce bug. 🚗
It's your first day at a new job/assignment. What do you do? Check out the excellent discussion full of tips and ideas. And good luck to Maaike, we hope your assignment is going well! 🌱
We absolutely love meetups! And sometimes they can be tricky to run remotely. Can you share some advice with Emna, Kristof, Mirza, Aaron and Simon? 🤝
This can be a tricky topic to explore yet it's one that often comes up. How do you measure the performance of your testing and team? Join the conversation. 📊
Posts selected from our business feed. Highlighting interesting posts from our annual partners for 2021 - they make sure we're able to bring you excellent events, articles and everything else we do!
What is good testing and how can you balance it with effective automation? An interesting read exploring exactly what to automate and when. ⚖️
An excellent overview from Johanna exploring why you'd want to create an automation strategy and how to have discussions with your team about it. 📝
I've seen a lot of discussions this week around how teams approach failed tests. It reminded me of this blog talking about changing the culture around failed tests. 💪🏻
99-Minute Workshops - May - June 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop. Have a look at all our 99-Minute workshops.
- Exploring Quality - With Dan Ashby - 12pm UK Time - 24th May 2021
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - With Dana Aonofriesei - 8pm UK Time - 26th May 2021
- Automating Hybrid Applications with Appium - With Wim Selles - 3pm UK Time - 28th May 2021 - Open to everyone to attend
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - With Huib Schoots - 12pm UK Time - 31st May 2021
- Property-based Testing in Java - With Mike Solomon - 6pm UK Time - 2nd June 2021
- Mocks and Testability - With Ali Haydar - 8pm UK Time - 7th June 2021
- RiskStorming Online - With Beren Van Daele - 8pm UK Time - 9th June 2021
- Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting - With Louise Gibbs - 12pm UK Time - 14th June 2021
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - With Roman Segador - 8pm UK Time - 16th June 2021
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - With Boni García - 12pm UK Time - 21st June 2021
- API Testing in Python with Requests - With Bas Dijkstra - 8pm UK Time - 23rd June 2021
- Approval Testing - With Emily Bache - 12pm UK Time - 28th June 2021
- Interactive Accessibility Quiz - With Ady Stokes - 8pm UK Time - 30th June 2021